WE ARE HIRING
Are you our next Technical Engineer?
Technical Engineer Job Specification
To provide the technical support to Messagemaker enabling it to rapidly grow through developing new products and fulfilling key projects, whilst maintaining exceptional customer service on a daily basis to our existing client base.
Management of Messagemaker workshop.
- Installation & commissioning of LED products, systems and training for clients
- Testing, fault diagnoses and repair of faulty products.
- Providing technical support to clients over the phone, email or in the form of site visits
- Develop new products with key suppliers to keep up with market trends.
- Technical Advice to internal sales staff to ensure the optimum products and solutions are offered to the end customer.
- Liaisons with suppliers to make sure products are manufactured to the required specifications.
- Writing specification documents required for manufacturing of products and systems.
- Hands on experience of dealing with commercial electrical and electronic products and systems
- Knowledge of data communication protocols
- Experience of software package installations on windows operating systems
- Ability to read & understand electrical and electronic schematic diagrams
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits, voltages and currents.
- Ability to create manuals and user guides for internal and external clients.
- Previous experience of working with LED signage
- Working knowledge of IT networking using TCP/IP and UDP
- Working knowledge of Serial Communication Protocols (RS232, 485 and 422)
- Knowledge of picture and video editing software package.
- Server setup for cloud based software packages
- Knowledge of DNS and port forwarding
- Experience of installing and commissioning electronic and AV equipment’s
- Knowledge of mechanical fixings and tools required for installing electronic equipment in indoor and outdoor environments
- Degree or formal qualification in Electronics or related field
- CSCS certification desirable
- IPAF desirable
- PASMA desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Right attitude to customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Good attention to detail and ability to think logically and demonstrate quality of workmanship
- Good communication skills by phone, face to face and in writing
- Good team player
- Opportunity to work on exciting and cutting edge projects.
- Chance to work in a growing and developing marketplace.
- Comprehensive training and support will be provided.
- Expectation to progress into Senior role.
- Great team to work with.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Experience: Commercial electrical and electronic products: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Location: Redhill, Surrey (Preferred)
Licence: Driving License (Required)
Language: Fluent English (Required)